This recipe was shared with us by Matthias V and is a wonderful alternative to more traditional oatmeal. It’s easy, looks beautiful, and tastes amazing.
For the base, add millet and amaranth to boiling water in saucepan on stove.
When the water has evaporated, turn off burner. Add milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Get creative here if you want – try adding a pinch of nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice.
Let the pan sit on the hot stove (or simmer if you have a gas stove) for 5-10 minutes as the milk soaks into the grain.
While that sits, chop up fruit and nuts of your choice. We recommend almonds with blueberries, strawberries, banana, and apple.
Then mix it all together and enjoy!
-1 1/2 cups of water
-1/2 cup of milk
-1/2 cup of millet
-1/8 cup of amaranth
-1/3 cup blueberries
-1/3 cup strawberries
-Nutmeg / pumpkin pie spice
1) Put mix of millet and amaranth into boiling water.
2) When all water has evaporated, turn the stove off.
3) Add milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract (optional: add a pinch of nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice).
4) Let pot sit on hot stove top (or simmer if you have a gas stove). The milk will soak into the grain after 5-10 minutes.
5) Add sweetener if you’d like.
6) Add fruits and chopped almonds.
7) Mix and enjoy!
Thanks, Matthias, for this great addition to our recipe collection!